RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
27,800 Posts
No, nor is it advisable. Auto access only adds unnecessary wear on the the EAS compressor. Every time you lower you dump the air form all four suspension bags. Thus you have to raise back up when you depart. This require the compressor run to replenish the air in the tank used to raise the suspension.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
I'd love to do this. I, and everyone else, keep rubbing the seat cushions getting in and out. I'm 6'-1" and I find it too high in standard height.
Too high? I am 6' and I find access height way too low. If I to step up and out or step down and in to a vehicle I might as well have bought a car.

I always raise the vehicle to off road height if it isn't already up because I have a bad back it it make access much easier on my 75 year old back. (I'm only 42 though)

As for you guys programing it to lower automatically it is probably easier to program your brain to do it. I honestly hit the raise button without even thinking about it anymore. I do not even notice that I do it until I park and notice that the truck is already at my desired height.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
112 Posts
I'd love to do this. I, and everyone else, keep rubbing the seat cushions getting in and out. I'm 6'-1" and I find it too high in standard height.
Too high? I am 6' and I find access height way too low. If I to step up and out or step down and in to a vehicle I might as well have bought a car.

I always raise the vehicle to off road height if it isn't already up because I have a bad back it it make access much easier on my 75 year old back. (I'm only 42 though)

As for you guys programing it to lower automatically it is probably easier to program your brain to do it. I honestly hit the raise button without even thinking about it anymore. I do not even notice that I do it until I park and notice that the truck is already at my desired height.
I have the dynamic pacakge with the big wheels, so in normal ride height (not off road), the seat bolster is just above the height of my hips. I have to pull myself in or step onto the metal footwell plates to clear the seat. Otherwise i rub the bolster with all my weight which means they’ll be worn to sh*t in no time. I avoid that which makes it annoying to get in and out. It’s perfectly comfortable in access height though.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
I have the dynamic pacakge with the big wheels, so in normal ride height (not off road), the seat bolster is just above the height of my hips. I have to pull myself in or step onto the metal footwell plates to clear the seat. Otherwise i rub the bolster with all my weight which means they’ll be worn to sh*t in no time. I avoid that which makes it annoying to get in and out. It’s perfectly comfortable in access height though.

Ah I see. I can see how the bolsters could be an issue. I do not have them. Although my '17 seats have a little more bolster type than my '11 did. Still not as much as the Velar loans though. It is like constantly be hugged. Pretty comfortable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts