RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here.
Can someone recommend a code scanner/clearer for a 2016 model Range Rover? The one I'm dealing with is an HSE with the 3.0L supercharged engine.
I'm responsible for keeping the vehicle on the road for test purposes and with some of the modifications that have been made we occasionally have codes pop up that I'd like to monitor as well as clear.
I'm looking for one that might be available in the states, it would make purchasing easier.
I don't necessarily need to monitor live data, just read and clear codes.
Any suggestions?
Alan

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
...a standard OBDII scanner should do what you're asking? Head off to Amazon or Walmart really the cheapest would clear and read codes.

Being a "Test Guy" shouldn't you know this? Or do you need something for EAS, ABS, yadayada...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This vehicle is new to me, as well as the Land Rover brand.
I've heard it uses an OBD system, but I've also heard about special connectors for that system, and not just a simple OBD port.
I've looked at many code scanners, and most have horrible ratings, horrible customer service, or just plain don't work.
A couple of the tool manufactures that I'm familiar with don't include Land Rover in their list of OEM's they work with.
I will need to clear SRS (airbag) warning lights as well as some other of which I probably don't know yet.
I'm looking for first hand usage from someone with a similar vehicle and year, taking this vehicle to the dealer is not an option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts