RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not that tall - 5'11" - but the leg room in the RRS seems tight.

The center console is too wide and too high. Unless I put the driver's seat all the way back, one knee rests against the door and the other rests against the console.

Does anyone else think that the cockpit is too confined?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fits like a Fine GLOVE!

I am 6'0" 233 Lbs. BodyBuilder in my mid 40's ... The Cockpit fits me like a fine glove. I don't even need to run the seat to the back stops... Lots of room for me. :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'd suggets you look at larger cars then that you DO fit into. How about a Range Rover or a Hummer?

·
Registered
128 Posts
cramped cockpit

It is the smaller sports car like interior that made me buy a Sport instead of another full size Range Rover (had an 03). I had a concern about the interior size and finish before I saw and drove the sport. I personally like the room and especially the console in the Sport. I am 5'11 tall and find it to have lots of room for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't really afford the big RR (or justify spending that much). I've been waiting for a vehicle like the RR Sport for a while -- more affordable (if you can call US$60K affordable), but stylish and fun to drive.

I had high expectations that the RR Sport would be THE answer. Now I have to rearrange my thinking about the interior roominess.

BTW, although I'm only 5'11", did I mention that I'm all legs, with a platform for attaching the arms and for my head to sit on?

·
Registered
128 Posts
carmped cockpit

If you are reconsidering the sport, you better rule out the BMW X5, Infinity, Lexus and Mercedes Benz SUV's, as they are all about the same size as the sport. Get a used Range Rover HSE is you need more room and cost is a consideration. Compared to the sport the full size Range Rover is considerably bigger but also boxer feeling and not as fun to drive IMO.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I'm 6'5" big guy and I fit fine.. it's what you make of it.. If you really like the car then you'll find a way to fit your 5'11 frame in it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Agree - I am 6.1" and fit perfect - still room to grow (although I hope not) - Good luck in finding the right position

1 - 8 of 8 Posts