Range Rovers Forum banner

Clunk in rear passenger/cargo area

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  383vett 
ScottTX

I had a similar issue that was present when I picked up my 2018 RRS in February. There was clunk or thumping sound that I could hear and "feel" when going over speed bumps or rough pavement. I thought that the spare tire in the cargo area was loose and was rising and slamming down (that was not the issue). It took 3 trips to the dealer to figure it out the problem. First two repair attempts focused on checking and adjusting the software related to the suspension system. On the third return to the dealer they found that one of the rear shock absorbers was defective and was leaking. Replaced the shock about 4 weeks ago and it's a totally different drive. Its too bad that the first six months with my new vehicle was a subpar experience.

Happy now for the first time since I have had the car. I won't go into details about the other problems which included the typical dual monitor issues and a series of oil leaks that took two service visits to repair (over 2 weeks in the shop but included the shock replacement work).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.