RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get new plastic lenses for my 2005 registered 2006 R/R? Seems after the 2005 model you can't get one, need whole headlamp! Polishing does not work so far. Any ideas?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Where can I get new plastic lenses for my 2005 registered 2006 R/R? Seems after the 2005 model you can't get one, need whole headlamp!
Doesn't matter what "plate" you are registered under or even first registration. Whatever the production date is is what you need to post for tech questions and parts. Head light lenses are readily available from any of the standard suppliers. New Genuine lenses are just under $100 each over here. Hit up Rimmers or whatever LR supplier you normally use.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,930 Posts
2003 to 2005 use BMW glass lens after that they are all plastic,
if you have the 2006 version these are plastic one piece,
A junkyard might be an option if you cant restore the plastic.
I put some 3M paint protection film on my 2010 plastic lens, sofar its keeping the plastic from changing color to frost

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
253 Posts
Yeah the 2006-2009 have a plastic lens that is not easily replaceable and prone to yellowing.

I wet sanded mine a couple years ago and then polished them to like new. I wipe them down with goo-gone and then a wax once a year and they stay clear.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
115 Posts
sorry, so can the 06-09 plastic lenses be purchased separate?
if so where i have looked and not seen them

thanks

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
The OP has a 2005, their registration bits work different over there. For some reason folks on the other side of the pond worry about first registration or some odd letter plate thing. It all boils down to production date for tech and parts questions... they don;t grasp that over there some times when posting. :-?

Drk, no, 2006 and newer are glass single piece full units. The plastics of the first gen are replaceable with a few clips or easily restored. with lense polishing kits. Quite frankly at $100 a pop I am happy to donate some elbow grease and a $20 for a kit. it may only last a year or so but that saves $180 for other maintenance bits. I am guessing you have a 2006 due to the phrasing you are using. 2006 and newer must either be replaced as a unit if you have damages or use a glass polishing kit as used to micro polish windscreens to remove sandblasting. Glass lenses can be polishes just as plastic ones, just not as easily and not as cheap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts