RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all -
Thanks for all the help. I'm close to pulling the tigger on 2016 RRS ATB vs. SCDynamic. I live 120 miles from the LR dealership. I'm worried about reliability. Has LR improved on this? Are people having problems with the new RRS?
thanks!!!!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
91 Posts
Opportunities for improvement with every product...but I don't think most of us here would have dropped $75k-$130k on a vehicle if we believed it would be unreliable. I can only claim my 3,300 trouble free miles. LR may have a bit of a storied past but by this mileage in another "premium" vehicle I owned, I had the HPFP crap out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello all -
Thanks for all the help. I'm close to pulling the tigger on 2016 RRS ATB vs. SCDynamic. I live 120 miles from the LR dealership. I'm worried about reliability. Has LR improved on this? Are people having problems with the new RRS?
thanks!!!!
I honestly don't understand these post since they seem so desperate for definitive validation one way or the other. I have never thought that going to a specific vehicle forum as a good barometer given you will get mostly those who are bias to that car. Honestly op, any car can be a lemon and most cars will have an issue. If your truly concerned about reliability and don't want to deal with any "gremlins," go buy a Lexus.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Sorry I feel compelled to defend the validity of the concerns people feel. Until you have had an expirience with a lemon and the infamous LRNA CS, you don't understand and am saying that with all well meaning intentions. I have had my BMW stall and shut down on me twice with fuel pump failure, and had nasty turbo waste gate chatter that resulted in BMW replacing the turbos and that was before 18,000 mile mark. But BMW was no problem dealing with. In fact I had the car tuned before I completely broke it in. I had the turbos replaced by BMW and drove the car in with tune in place and piggy back still hooked into the ecu. Never an issue with warranty item. LR especially LRNA customer service are from a different planet.

In fact, I think am the perfect specimen for this and believe me there is validity in being concerned when your $100K plus vehicle is a lemon. Mine was $114K with the early premiums to be exact. I had an excruciating 10 months ownership experience I wouldn't wish on anyone. Most neither have the time nor temperament to deal with one of these situations. This was my first LR product and they almost lost me for good. And I can assure you if that happened none of my other family members would ever buy one. Eventually LR did the right thing and settled and made sure I was happy. I did eat a loss on it too, and it's not realistic you will escape that entirely. In the long run I chalked it up to bad luck. My dealer was very supportive and that's what reassured me to buy another one from them.

From what I have heard from the trusty tech I deal with, the issues have been fixed. And in fact I can confirm my new 2015.5 is solid, and no issues. I am very satisfied and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the best SUV on the market to anyone. My brother has a supercharged sport too and he puts on more miles than most drivers would so I can confidently say they reliable. I was very apprehensive buying another one after my saga, but the tech assured me they had also noticed a huge improvement in the new cars coming in.

OP I don't think any worry is warranted. You'll love the vehicle. I have no regrets getting another one. Life is good here. :thumb:

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Oh yes, by all means let's beat that dead horse again. Common folks use a bit of common sense. More people complain on a car forum than give praise for flawless rigs. There are far more people in the real world that have years of trouble free driving in Range Rovers than have issues. Those that have issues are often high maintenance owners that would complain if the heads of their screws weren;t pointing the same direction.

THere are indeed folks that have had genuine issues deserving of dealer attention. There are even folks that have had catastrophic failures. Guess what, it happens. It happens to Hondas and Toyotas too. Every make of car has issues. Every forum of every model of car ever made will have drama queens beating their chests because a piece of trim is not perfectly aligned. Every forum has folks that are perfectly happy with their cars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had 3 supercharged sports 08, 10 and a 13. I just ordered an ATB. The biggest complaint that I had with all 3 is the heated windshield. I put 50K miles on them and get a new one. This 13 had a noise at about 40K in the supercharger and they replaced the cone under warranty. I will say that I wouldn't recommend any other luxury SUV except a RR. The only other complaint is having to deal with the salesman when buying. Not so much a complaint but a process to get the price u think you should pay. Be assured that on each and every RR sold the dealer is making in access of 12% per vehicle. That's if you are a good customer and you beat em up a little. That's part of wanting something that none of us really need!! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts