RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this issue for a few months intermittently and with the coming of the warm weather it's bugging me more and more. The climate control in my 08 4.4 HSE will turn itself on while I'm driving and it's annoying the hell of of me. It'll always turn on to whatever setting I left it on before I turn it off but usually within a minute or within seconds of hitting the 'off' button it'll come right back on. I appreciate the initiative and all that but sometimes I just want to just drive with the windows down without having to finger fight this thing into submission. Anyone dealt with this? I can't find any info on it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. I might just park the car until November. This is insanely frustrating.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pull the fuse out.:thumb:
I've been thinking along the lines of that lol... Going to go with something more permanent and put a switch in the footwell when I install a new head unit and GPS for the upper and lower screens. Only the best for my baby :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
767 Posts
Have you checked the actual switch is working OK - you say climate control comes back on within about a minute of switching it off which indicates it could be a simple switch issue.

As an alternative have you tried leaving climate control on but switching to econ - that way the air con is off and only outside air/or internal if on recirc is coming in and you can quite happily drive around with you windows are down.

Garry

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you checked the actual switch is working OK - you say climate control comes back on within about a minute of switching it off which indicates it could be a simple switch issue.

As an alternative have you tried leaving climate control on but switching to econ - that way the air con is off and only outside air/or internal if on recirc is coming in and you can quite happily drive around with you windows are down.

Garry
Yes I've played with all the switches and knobs trying to see if anything was out of the ordinary. I'm starting to think the the CCM is malfunctioning.

That's a good idea, I'll have to try that alternative in the mean time. I'm trying to fix the issues myself on this car one at a time, kind of frustrating since it still seems to still outpace me and my wallet :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts