RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

On previous cars with climate control, the fans would automatically blow faster until the temperature inside the car dropped, then they would steadily back off until the set temperature could be maintained.
Is the P38 supposed to do the same as mine set on auto just seems to blow gently at all times which doesn't cool the car at all and I have just had my A/C topped up and it is definately chilling - I have to manually increase the fan speed to get any cooling. As metioned the chiller is definately working as I notice a difference when switching the A/C button off (light comes on), and all blend flaps work and the fans both work in manual mode.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
yes, it's supposed to adjust the fan speed automatically. Except it won't go on the super high blow your tupe off speed unless you manually do it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. If it doesn't do "super high blow your tupe off speed" and I have nothing to compare with to know if mine is normal, when I put my hand up to the centre outlets I can feel air gently blowing gently (all other outlets open also) but it feels like a pretty low fan setting. I have the temperature set to Lo.
Would there be any known items to fail which could cause this?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
491 Posts
It could be a faulty cabin temperature sensor or the small fan that draws cabin air over it - they are located behind the little grill under the clock.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I knew the sensor was there, but I had no idea there would be a small fan which draws the air over it. I'll need to get a look before our 3 week summer is over and the A/C sits idle for another 11 months :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts