RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum & new to owning an RR. I bought my 2009 HSE about 6 months ago & have loved it ever since (only had about 60k miles). Last week I noticed that when I turned the blower control knob the blower speed wouldn't change, seemed to be running on high unless I turned it down the whole way & then the blower would just stop. I did some reading on this forum & talked to a couple of experienced mechanics, everyone seemed to point at the Final Stage Resistor. I put off ordering one for a few days until the blower quit working totally Monday. All other controls seem to function on the Climate Control unit, seats heat up, lights come on for recirc, defrost, econ, off, etc. I received the FSR today, installed it this evening but no change in condition. I pulled fuses #64, 51, 12, & 2 (from reading other threads..) and they were all fine. Also I'm not seeing any battery drain, or intermittent on & off activity with the blower. Any thoughts on where to turn?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Slam your lower glove box door. It's made mine work when the blower stopped. The blower motor is behind the door.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried bumping the blower with my fist while I was under there, after I'd changed the FSR, no luck. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts