RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys- So my climate control dial is not doing a thing .On full blast-Heat works though,wierd thing is when I turn the dial I no longer have the fan speed display at the very top of the screen. And of course now I have the book and exclamation point. Any ideas? I just find it odd the fan speed no longer shows but everything else is good as far as the display pixels.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,762 Posts
Sounds like a stuck relay. Pull the under hood relays for your heated screen and change them out for the fan relays. That often will take care of all sorts of book and fan issues. Beyond that you are kind of in a pinch to have the codes read to see what the issue is. If the fan speed were showing at all I would lean towards a busted contact in the actual dial. If you click on the "HOME" button upper left you can navigate down the left menu to the common issues and repair sections. There's a decent write up on bulb replacement etc for our control heads. There should be something on removing the dial for repair and replacing the backlight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply!!!--Update-- I did change the relay but still no dial response when adjusted- Its killing me to that the fan adjustment doesn't show on the climate display anymore- Its like its not even reading/registering it- I'm going to search some more things but I see a OBD reader in my near future!!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
I purchased a replacement from an eBay seller by the name of module repair pro dot com. very pleased and satisfied with the product and transaction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found that If you pull out the climate control unit and diasemble it, the rotatry dial for the fan gets carbon build up on the contacts; making it unresponsive. There is a metal tab that makes the contact, with three prongs, looks like an E, and I had to bend mine towards the contact surface so that it made proper contact. working perfectlyy for me now!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Good tip, thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts