RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a 2006 hse L322 4.4l. I have been experiencing an intermittent jerk/pull in the steering wheel when driving straight and a clicking sound in the passenger wheel area when turning the wheel far to the right. When the steering wheel jerks it does so in a back and forth motion. I brought it in to the shop and they found the two tie rods had play and changed them. It was fine for a day but the jerking came back and I recently noticed that turning the wheel all the way right made the clicking sounds but caused the jerking to go away. I'm taking it back in tomorrow for them to diagnose. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this? Something I can ask them to check? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
31 Posts
It does sound like it is your cv axle, I have no idea on the cost to have it done but my guess is it’s going to be over $1000. I had the dealership do a lower ball joint and it was over a $600. I have since done 99% of all work myself. These vehicles are pretty easy to do the work your self. With this forum and YouTube the cv joint could be done for under $200

1 - 4 of 4 Posts