RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have replaced my wipers because they were worn and bouncing over the windschield, with Bosch wipers. Now there is a loud clicking noise at the drivers side wiper, at the top of the stroke, when the wiper changes direction. I checked the angle of the blade on the windshield, this is in rest 90 degrees, so I gues this is ok. I tried anothe brand of wipers as weel, same problem. See the video for an impression. Anybody any ideas? Or have the same problem?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Pull the plug down at the drive gear; pull the wiper arm off the drive and move it one notch down (so at stop, the wiper is sitting lower). Be sure to tighten the nut.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Yep, sounds like the wiper is too long and hitting the A pillar. One way to verify it is or is not the wiper would be to remove the wiper blade and place a small soft cloth under the arm and run the wiper. No sound would indicate bad blade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried first to lower the arm a notch so the wiper is sitting lower in rest. No difference. So I checked the wiperarm itself and it looked like is was bent, the original bent looked ok but there was another slight bend in the arm. So I changed the wiperarm, and also I purchased new wiperblades at the dealer. I noted thad these have no plastic end caps. Tried the whole lot, noise gone. Problem solved! So to anyone having the same problem: change the blades for original ones from the dealer before adjusting the wiperarm and check if noise is gone. If not there must be another issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts