RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrong part of the forum,,,,,no doubt

Had, due to trying to rebuild our home post flooding, to collect a bed today , numpty on m18 northbound in a Jeep, decided to pull out from lane 1, I was in lane 2 sitting on cruise (yeh ha it now works) at 70mph indicated, into lane 2 where I was, to avoid the collision I managed to get into lane 3 but had to accerate hard to a speed I will not confirm on here, and I suddenly got the overriding smell of burning soot, well it felt like she “farted” and cleared her tubes, now running a lot clearer. Not a technical issue, not a request for help, just something I wanted to get off my chest in these “unprecedented “ times, in our personal time of stress, etc etc etc

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
It's called Italian tuning. With the engine warmed up properly, it's often beneficial to give it the beans and let it rev every once in a while. Clears the cobwebs, as you say. :) Cleans the plugs, blows out the exhaust, lets the ECU work (and trim) a different part of the map etc.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,407 Posts
With diesels, the particulate filter can also get blocked. It is designed to to cut emissions by sooting up at low speeds round town. It then releases the carbon at higher speeds on the open road, or so the theory goes. A good blast at full throttle when the engine is hot is needed once in a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts