RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2006 HSE SC 4.2. 175k, mi. Today I blew the alternator serpentine belt, the battery died and I was stuck. Prior to this, the RR had been running very rough. When it is in park, the engine runs like it is going to take off. The fan is going like crazy. It is not idling nicely. Occasionally i will lose power. The truck will almost be in a slow mode, it is running but feels like it is limited in power?? Warning message says to check coolant. I check it and it is fine? Any Thoughts? Thank you.

·
Registered
631 Posts
The 06 SC had the water pump for the intercooler wired backwards, it'll cause reduced performance, especially under load. It'll throw a "reduced performance" on the dash if you drive it hard enough.

If you haven't fixed that, it's something you'll want to do.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your reply. I have never seen a "reduced performance light" I get check coolant. If the wires were backward, would a dealer be aware and fix it under a recall?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
95% of the time the check coolant level warning with proper level in the expansion tank is a bad sensor in the tank. Unfortunately the sensor is part of the tank and you have to replace the whole thing. They are less than 100 bucks though, unless you go to the dealer so its not that bad. Sensor is in the bottom, you can try to disconnect it and clean the connector socket and pins to see if that helps before replacing the tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts