RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Vesuvius RRS and noticed today that the clear paint on the roof (between the rails) was flaking off. Currently in the gutters, just above the windshield, and a couple 6" diameter patches on top. Has anyone had this problem? No other place on the painted surface shows a defect. I've had rovers for 22 years (probably 14 or 15 vehicle - still have eight) and have never had this problem before.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yea, I have that same exact problem on my 06 Vesuvius. Just this past weekend, I spray-painted some clear coat paint over where it was flaking, and that has seemed to help stop that issue for now... someday I will probably have my bodyshop guy re-paint the roof. But for now, nobody can really see it, so I dont care.

But, I wonder if this would be a warranty issue. I am too busy to care for now, anyone else know?!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the district service rep looking at it either tomorrow or Thursday and personally I think Land Rover should cover it. It is interesting that two Vesuvius vehicles have this issue. I think there were only 150 total. Guess I'm looking for a trend. Where are you located? It has been upper extremes in temperature (100 and above) for three or four weeks - certainly higher than last year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just bought my 2006 SSC on May 11th, and I didnt notice it when I bought it, only when I got on a ladder to wash the roof is when I noticed. I was not mad at the deailer who sold it to me cause it's my fault for not checking the roof. On top of that, nobody can really see it, but the real question is how long until the entire roof starts peeling?!

I live in Redondo Beach, CA, and it has not been over 75 here, so I don't necessarily think it is heat that causes it. The prior owner appeared to be from Orange County, CA which is not too much hotter than here. It might have something to do with the special order color.

PLEASE get back to me after you take it in, because if you get yours covered under warranty, I will send mine in too! My warranty is out in November, or in about 2,500 miles... I have about 47,500 on it now. So, now is the time if I am going to do it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Clear coat bubbling on roof

Just verified that I'm leaving it at the dealership tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what they decide. I should probably take a few photos so you all know what I'm looking at, but when I climbed up to look at the roof in toto - it is an obvious clear coat issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Dealer is repainting the entire roof and spoiler on my 06 Vesuvius RRS supercharged under warranty :)

·
Registered
219 Posts

Hoosier said:
Dealer is repainting the entire roof and spoiler on my 06 Vesuvius RRS supercharged under warranty :)

There will be more to follow.

Did they say there was a service bulletin out on this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

They mentioned no service bulletin. They insisted they had never seen this before in any of their vehicles. As the cars are painted in batches, I can't believe there is no one else out there that doesn't have this happening to their roof as we speak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts