RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I’ve been replacing almost all of these small lightbulbs in the switches, the green and orange ones.
The bulb in the master light switch eventually broke and I assumed it was a small green one like the others.
Turns out it wasn’t.

Does anyone know or have seen this type of bulb before? It has two longish tabs 180 degrees from each other on either side of the socket.

It is marked VCH12 1.2W.

Google be like Manuel in Fawlty Towers: “I no nooothing.”

Pardon my fake stereotype Spanish accented English.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, the minute after I posted this thread I went to the lighb bulb drawers at work. We mostly have 24V stuff but I might get lucky I immediately find a stash of 24V ones rated at 4W, so then I realize that it might be more common than I first anticipated.
I then looked through our Würth catalogue and found the correct light bulb but it says it's 2W. 07201551 BA7S-12V-2W
I then look more closely on my broken light bulb and realize I misread it. It has to be a 2W bulb. It looks like there is a 1 and a dot but it probably isn't. Gonna go to the nearest gas station and see if they have one.

[EDIT] Yes, the local gas station had a bunch of those. So it's obviously a lot more common than I first thought.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,159 Posts
good to hear you found one... yes, it's BA7s - I had a bit of fun finding them out in the UK a few years ago... one of the reasons I swapped mine for LEDs!

Glad it was a simple fix!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts