RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
umbertob said:
I thought you got lucky with that one sample in the pictures you posted earlier in the thread, but those four all look good, so that was no fluke... :lol: Nice work indeed IM, very impressive workmanship.
Thanks, Umberto!

Of course, this is one of those things where you really cannot see how well they turned out unless you're holding it in your hand, so I'll let RRSupercharged888 and skoTner pipe in when they get theirs.. :pray:

:lol:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
IMMensaMind said:
First batch looking to hit the mail later today (if the proper flat-rate boxes appear :thumb: ):

That's high quality indeed! I bet you could get a couple hundred orders...don't forget to post over on RRSPORT.UK, there are several other modders over there as well!

Thanks for the great directions on baking the lenses...once I get thru this crazy busy June I might just indeed order a set...

·
LEGACY VENDOR
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
PJPR01 said:
IMMensaMind said:
First batch looking to hit the mail later today (if the proper flat-rate boxes appear :thumb: ):

That's high quality indeed! I bet you could get a couple hundred orders...don't forget to post over on RRSPORT.UK, there are several other modders over there as well!

Thanks for the great directions on baking the lenses...once I get thru this crazy busy June I might just indeed order a set...
Thanks for the kind words, Paul - and very good suggestion about RRSPORT.UK (I will do that). I'd be shocked if I got that much interest in these, but that'd really have made this project worthwhile!

We'll see.... :pray: :wink:

·
Registered
521 Posts
PJPR01 said:
Wanna do mine too? I'll bring the beer and brats.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Goinkin said:
PJPR01 said:
Good idea! Maybe in the midst of the July heat, we'll do this project!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Goinkin said:
Wait till he makes ones with a light smoke - they'd look perfect on your ride. Once James verifies that these fit 2010+, I'm going to order lightly smoked ones...

·
LEGACY VENDOR
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
PJPR01 said:
Goinkin said:
PJPR01 said:
Hey - on the plus side, you probably won't need an oven! :thumb:

:lol:

·
Registered
521 Posts
PJPR01 said:
Ugh don't get me started on the heat. I bet we can leave the headlight outside in the sun and pry it apart without even touching an oven.

·
Registered
101 Posts
IMMensaMind said:

I would really like a set of these. How do you install them in the headlights? Is this simple or more advanced where you'd have to put the lights in the oven or...? Simple is better for me.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
msh26 said:
IMMensaMind said:

I would really like a set of these. How do you install them in the headlights? Is this simple or more advanced where you'd have to put the lights in the oven or...? Simple is better for me.
Hey there, potential customer! :mrgreen:

Read the whole thread: I put up instructions, and it is really really easy to do - it can literally be done in 20 minutes. In fact, on a hot enough day, I believe that the headlight sealant would be softened enough to actually pull the lenses out of the body without the oven (though I haven't tried it :D).

PM me to let me know!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wish I had the time to undertake this project...love the DIY mods. I work in the hospital 100 hours a week so I rarely have time to do anything :( I just recently completed a 2008 Range Rover Westminster conversion to a 2010-11 MY...I really would like to black out the surround on the headlights and get the side markers smoked. I also would like to smoke the rear side markers on the 2010 tail lights. Would you be willing to undertake the process? lol....I know jbrac does this here on the westcoast...but wondering if you would take on a project for me as you seem like you do great work.

P.S. On my new 2010 tail lights the rear fog lights are always on when you turn on the lights and can't be turned off....we tried installing relays but they are so loud!!! buzz like crazy! Resistors were added on all 4 corners for the blinkers and work fine...right now I am trying to reset the adaptive headlight failure flashing light. Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated and let me know about getting my headlights and tail lights done.

Cheers,

P.S.S. here is a link to my thread over on the L322 side....
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45496

and a few pics of the finished product...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just got them in the mail today. To be honest, it wouldn't be such a big deal if I just purchased them off the shelf, but knowing that someone put the time and effort into researching the casting methods, purchasing the equipment, and all the trial and error involved in producing a quality end product makes me appreciate them that much more. Great job on the lenses Mike :thumb: . I will install them this weekend if I can find the time.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
RRSupercharged888 said:
Just got them in the mail today. To be honest, it wouldn't be such a big deal if I just purchased them off the shelf, but knowing that someone put the time and effort into researching the casting methods, purchasing the equipment, and all the trial and error involved in producing a quality end product makes me appreciate them that much more. Great job on the lenses Mike :thumb: . I will install them this weekend if I can find the time.
Excellent! Post pictures when you do! :clap:

·
Registered
112 Posts
They look fantastic. Do you have a source and install process for the hlos as well?

Love the craftsmanship and attention to detail. I am trying to get up the nerve to bake the headlamps and order a set, do the halos and paint the ineriors zermatt!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
bogart101 said:
They look fantastic. Do you have a source and install process for the hlos as well?

Love the craftsmanship and attention to detail. I am trying to get up the nerve to bake the headlamps and order a set, do the halos and paint the ineriors zermatt!
You'll see once you do it: it's easy as pie. The polycarbonate lenses on the RRS headlight are extremely temperature resistant (not true of the tail lights, btw). The adhesive holding the lens to the body is very gooey (easy to soften), and the lens comes out quite easily.

The HALOS are Umnitza Orion LITEs (not V2), and my source is Lightwurkz.

Good luck! :)

·
LEGACY VENDOR
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
mcanzio said:
Wish I had the time to undertake this project...love the DIY mods. I work in the hospital 100 hours a week so I rarely have time to do anything :( I just recently completed a 2008 Range Rover Westminster conversion to a 2010-11 MY...I really would like to black out the surround on the headlights and get the side markers smoked. I also would like to smoke the rear side markers on the 2010 tail lights. Would you be willing to undertake the process? lol....I know jbrac does this here on the westcoast...but wondering if you would take on a project for me as you seem like you do great work.

P.S. On my new 2010 tail lights the rear fog lights are always on when you turn on the lights and can't be turned off....we tried installing relays but they are so loud!!! buzz like crazy! Resistors were added on all 4 corners for the blinkers and work fine...right now I am trying to reset the adaptive headlight failure flashing light. Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated and let me know about getting my headlights and tail lights done.

Cheers,

P.S.S. here is a link to my thread over on the L322 side....
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45496

and a few pics of the finished product...

Great FFRR~! :D

I'm not crystal clear what you're asking me to do here. Are you talking about having me customize both your head and tail lights? Or just the side markers? I could easily do side markers, but you'd have to provide me yours, so that I could make moulds and replicate them in clear or smoked.

As for doing wiring and figuring out the rear foglamp 'on' position, I'd actually need a FFRR here to fiddle with, and since I don't, I shouldn't get involved to that level.

It wouldn't be hard for me to do HALOS and paint your headlight bezel black (as well as smoked side markers), so let me know what you have in mind exactly based upon these new limitations, and I'll figure out what it takes.

Thanks!

- M

·
Registered
112 Posts
IMMensaMind said:
bogart101 said:

You'll see once you do it: it's easy as pie. The polycarbonate lenses on the RRS headlight are extremely temperature resistant (not true of the tail lights, btw). The adhesive holding the lens to the body is very gooey (easy to soften), and the lens comes out quite easily.

The HALOS are Umnitza Orion LITEs (not V2), and my source is Lightwurkz.

Good luck! :)
Oh what the heck...you only live once...plz send me pay pal info...im in for a set of clears! `)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Ok...I'm in for a set of medium smoked markers! I've got dark smoked side markers, but I think for the front lens, a medium might be better.

Ironically today...I see that I have a small spider sitting right next to my orange lens at the moment, so this will give me a chance to replace and clean house at the same time!

How can I resist with such quality work and detailed modding instructions!

Please send Paypal info...will send payment today!

I only have one condition: I'd like an autographed version!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey mate,

Big Pimp from RRSport.co.uk

If the 2010 are the same as the pre '10 lenses, I'm very interested in smoked ones.

Awesome work, btw

41 - 60 of 103 Posts
About this Discussion
102 Replies
27 Participants
iconoclast
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing