RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
On my 2007 w/20" wheels there is a spot on one wheel where it looks like it was hit with a rock near the edge of the rim. The silver-gray layer is cracked and has lifted in a spot approximately the size of a nickle. It looks a bit like rock impact on a windshield, except the impact/cracks have not spread.

However, it's not really a clear coat that's coming off; it's more like a metal or semi-metal silver-gray coating on the wheel.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had this happen on my old P38. If you still have a warranty left, talk to the dealer and see what they can do.

If not, you can have the wheel(s) re-powder coated. If you are handy, there are several paint options that you could do it yourself.

Powder coating should cost you about $50 - $100 per wheel, depending on where you go.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
woldd90 said:
I had this happen on my old P38. If you still have a warranty left, talk to the dealer and see what they can do.

If not, you can have the wheel(s) re-powder coated. If you are handy, there are several paint options that you could do it yourself.

Powder coating should cost you about $50 - $100 per wheel, depending on where you go.

Thanks "woldd90"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts