RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the badge on the back of the truck is scuzzy and gray. how do you guys clear that up or clean it? the surface is porous and sorta brushed unlike the front badge that's smooth and wipable. wd-40? i use wd-40 for basically everything in life including on cereal and as toothpaste. i store contact lenses in it also. don't want to use it if it'll haze it up though...

·
Registered
701 Posts
I would just replace it, it would be cheaper than trying to shine the old one up again.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm leaning toward replacing it. being the old wagon is black and white, i'm considering black and silver instead of green and gold. there's also a place that makes them with british flag for the background. sorta snazzy...in the meantime i'm gonna scrub mine with a toothbrush and see if that improves the state of it. i think it's more hazy from wax and crud than it is faded.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
I replaced all the lettering on my Rangi with the raised Super Charged ones and went with the black and silver badges front and back instead of the green ones.
I really like it a lot. Understand it's a BITCH to take the old lettering off but only use your finger nails NO TOOLS....

Scotty

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,219 Posts
I replaced mine by warming them first with the wifes hairdryer, and then used dental floss to cut them away from the body work. Cleaned the residue of the glue off with Autoglym tar remover. :thumb:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rob, thanks for posting that. i was screwing around online for a home remedy for this and saw someone post that toothbrush and toothpaste worked well. in light of your outcome i'm going to give it a try before buying a new one. as i said above, it's not faded, it's just scuzzy and looks like exhaust and grime and wax caked into the surface. if that doesn't work i'll order up some sexy black and silver ones.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
taking the advice of the preceding posts i bought a denture brush while at the grocery store (bigger and firmer than a normal toothbrush) and scrubbed the rear emblem with comet cleanser (sorta bleachy and gritty like toothpaste). night and day difference after i rinsed it off. you can actually see green and gold now. before it was soot and the faint lettering. my pics here aren't doing the difference justice but the emblem looks brand new again. the front one still looks perfect so i'm wondering if years of exhaust in the rear are the culprit. most of the grime that came pouring off as i scrubbed was dark gray.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts