RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this had been covered, but could not find an answer in my forum searches... Anyone have any tricks to cleaning the perforations (those tiny little holes) in leather seats (RRS HSE MY16)? some chocolate crumbs apparently got onto a heated seat so the chocolate melted and filled some of those little perforations/holes/vents which did not come out after wiping down seat with leather cleaner. Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
I apologize if this had been covered, but could not find an answer in my forum searches... Anyone have any tricks to cleaning the perforations (those tiny little holes) in leather seats (RRS HSE MY16)? some chocolate crumbs apparently got onto a heated seat so the chocolate melted and filled some of those little perforations/holes/vents which did not come out after wiping down seat with leather cleaner. Thanks...

a quick google search will yield you with countless videos, step by step directions and usefull tips to clean perforated leather.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Before wetting the chocolate down with leather cleaner, I would have first tried a vacuum to lift out the "dry" chocolate. I've had success getting chocolate out of seagrass rugs by vacuuming when the chocolate is dry. Worth a try next time!

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Ice pack. Chocolate gets hard, breaks up and chips right off. A little trick from my old 600SL days. There will always be a few holes still plugged. Tooth pick works great then flex and vacuum again.

·
Registered
268 Posts

Jason,

Just a note for the long-term: don't go overboard with the leather cleaner---you can end up making the leather too soft (causing it to wrinkle and crease prematurely). Some cleaners can even deteriorate the leather stitching if the Ph-Balance is off. Not all cleaners are created equal. Use water as your primary. I only use Wolfgang's Leather Products on my cars, and when I do only very sparingly. I learned this lesson of my first E63 AMG that had perforated seats. I made an absolute mess of the driver's seat by applying too much product. Also...if you apply too much it can clog up the perforations causing it to look like crap. Apply any cleaner to the cloth...don't squirt it onto the seat directly (like I did many years ago).

When I clean my black leather I always:
1) Vacuum using soft brush
2) Use water and a DARK microfiber towel.

Most modern interiors don't require leather cleaners/conditioners. If you do use them---go very easy with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts