RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How everyone.... My Transmission oil temp sensor is flickering away on the dashboard. I was told the switches go bad and replacing it will resolve the issue.... I have one.... only thing is.... where is it on the trans?????? i can't find it... is it inside the trans/ or am i going blind.

Please advise and a pic would be great too

S

·
Registered
803 Posts
I didn’t know a classic had a transmission temp sensor
What years is your again

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
134 Posts
I use my hand on the top of the tunnel - nice and warm!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just changed the 3 speed torqueflight transmission on my car with an LT77 manual. You should not have the same transmission, but since I removed it all, there was an oil cooler located forward of the AC condenser directly behind the grill. The oil cooler included a temp sensor t-d in and a wire going to the dash with a separate light.

So you might need to look further forward towards the oil cooling circuit for the sensor.

I have the sensor, let me know if it is a hard to find part, I can check part number.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How everyone.... My Transmission oil temp sensor is flickering away on the dashboard. I was told the switches go bad and replacing it will resolve the issue.... I have one.... only thing is.... where is it on the trans?????? i can't find it... is it inside the trans/ or am i going blind.

S
It is located on the BW transfer case...At least that is where mine was...Unfortunately, the BW I sourced from the UK didn't have it tapped, so me thinks it was relocated in later years. Mine is a 1990

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
16 Posts

S
On the back of the transfer case, the plug is a rubber case about two inches long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts