RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

About to take delivery of a softdash 4.2LSE and very much looking forward to it.

Have hankered after one since being a kid, my father had one of the 1st 3 doors in the UK when launched in Sahara yellow then followed it with another 4, one which had been overfinched I believe.

I was wondering if anyone knew anywhere in UK to get clear front indicator lenses, I have seen the odd one about and quite liked the look. I saw a company advertising them on ebay for £129 but apparently on the later classics you have to change the bulb mounting kit to an earlier one?

just a thought in case you chaps knew of anywhere to get some.

Regards,

Craig

·
Registered
300 Posts
craigvmax said:
Hi all,

About to take delivery of a softdash 4.2LSE and very much looking forward to it.

Have hankered after one since being a kid, my father had one of the 1st 3 doors in the UK when launched in Sahara yellow then followed it with another 4, one which had been overfinched I believe.

I was wondering if anyone knew anywhere in UK to get clear front indicator lenses, I have seen the odd one about and quite liked the look. I saw a company advertising them on ebay for £129 but apparently on the later classics you have to change the bulb mounting kit to an earlier one?

just a thought in case you chaps knew of anywhere to get some.

Regards,

Craig
I saw them once on ebay too, I think it was a German firm that was offering them, very expensive from what I remember, looked smart though :think:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes thats them, surprised none in uk. They do give it a more contemporary look without taking away the classic styling I thought.

·
Registered
300 Posts
craigvmax said:
yes thats them, surprised none in uk. They do give it a more contemporary look without taking away the classic styling I thought.
I agree, I've seen some after market indicators in a Land Rover magazine that look like the Defender ones.... jeez :think:

craigvmax said:
did all LSE's have brooklands kit by the way? yours looks like it does
Yes mine has the Brooklands kit, I think most of the LSE's did too. Have you taken delivery of yours yet?

·
Registered
300 Posts
craigvmax said:
well I bought the ones one ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clear-Indicators- ... 286.c0.m14

I apparently need the earlier bulb holders (no doubt like rocking horse pooh knowing my luck!!)

Anyone know the difference between pre 7 post 86 indicator & sidelight assembly?
Looks good, do they include the side repeaters too, as in the ebay picture :think: not sure what the difference is, maybe buy some old ones off ebay :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I've got it!

My god she's biiiiigg!!!

Amamzing though, fantastic visibility, easy to drive. I wouldnt describe as mint myself (but I am quite picky), just the odd chip etc which wont be a problem, interior is immaculate.

Gets a lot of looks amazingly.

I visibly watched the fuel gauge move last night hahahaha.

sooo much interior space its bonkers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thx for putting pics up & the comments guys.

Clear indicators should arrive next week so will fit then and post more pics, cheers.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts