RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of anyone specializing in restorations on Range Rover Classics? I have ran across several in the UK, but would prefer someone in the US. I have also found plenty of people who do only Series and Defender stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want it back to as new, not Councours, but as if I bought it off the floor in 1988. It is 1988 Classic with @77k miles. No rust. Runs

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
671 Posts
East Coast Rovers used to do nut & bolt restorations, but they only do Defenders now.

I'd be shocked if you found anyone in The States that 'specializes' in restoring Classics. I would say your best bet is to find a local/reputable restoration company (in-general) that has lots of experience with vehicles, not just antiques etc.

Plan on 5 figures I would guess. Probably in the $15-50k range if you're lucky. The reality for most here is that we just do what we can to keep them running. We all want a 'new' one ;-)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mileage is nice. How is the inner steel frame to which the panels are attached?
This part barely had a primer on it when leaving the factory - the body panels can look great, yet, the substructure could be rusting away.
My LWB went through a fairly complete rehabilitation and the biggest hurdle is locating parts.
It took 3 Rangies to complete mine and some parts are just no longer available new.
I'm now living in Europe and even over here parts are difficult to find.
And mine is a 94 LWB.
They are really simple on which to work so if you can find a shop that restores Rovers, you might convince them.
Or if you want something a little out of the box, ship to GB and have it done there. Will only add about U$5k to the project which in the overal cost of what it probably will be, isn't too much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts