RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah. And I posted it awhile ago but I'm in Canada and I got my timing gear fixed for 400 bucks on warranty. . so. I dunno. Seems like a long shot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
YES !!!! Unfortunately, my timing chain broke on my 2007 Range Rover Sport.
I am the original owner with all of the maintenance records. My RR Sport only has 85k miles. I believe that Land Rover should be held accountable for the repairs.

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Sport
27 Posts
Interesting that they are only doing 2012-2014's....pretty sure the late production 2012's,2013 &14's had the issue resolved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been doing some research online and discovered that several other people with older models RR’s have had timing chain and engine problems.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly when you go on any auto auction, you’ll see about 80% cars that are there are for mechanical brake downs. All the cars around 100k miles. It’s sad and really messed on Land Rover side. I spoke with the lawyers and they said that cars with lower mileage qualify but higher you go the chances are lower.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good to know..... what do they consider “low mileage “ ?
In my opinion , a 13 1/2 year old RR , one original owner with 85k miles is low mileage. !

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah you would be considered low mileage but unfortunately you don’t have the 5.0. I believe they only handle these car engines. If they win you might get assistance but chances are low because Land Rover, and I mean HQ not just dealership, doesn’t care...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts