RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Thanks for the great information here. I'm looking to buy a L322 within the year and am trying to decide on what MYs I should target. I've concluded that OEM bluetooth audio on the L322 is a FLAT OUT NO on any L322 MY. :crybaby2:. I've struggled like hell though to determine which MYs have at least an aux input or USB port, however. Can anyone provide any clarity on this? I believe some have an aux in the rear? Is this usable or will I grow to hate it?

Also, if some have a usb port am I being to optimistic to hope that I can plug my phone (Android) into this to play music? If so, which MY started to offer this?

If these are not standard features and come with certain packages, that information would be superb too. Such as with the rear entertainment package only?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,194 Posts
My 06 with the RSE has rear rear aux input ports, both the RCA version and a 3.5mm jack. There are bluetooth adapters you can get to plug into the 3.5mm jack that work OK, but you have no control over the audio source with any of the vehicle controls, it just plays the music in whatever playlists you have on your phone. The 06's at least have no USB ports of any kind in them. Although I just added 2 dual 2.1A USB charging ports to the rear seat of mine this past weekend. I put them in the upholstered trim peice next to the seat bottom on either side of the rear seats, and wired them to the 20A aux power port in the rear thru a pair of 10A inline fuses. Now at least I won't have rear seat passengers stealing my charger plugged into the console, and since they are on all the time you can actually charge something while your not in the car with it running. These ports are power charging ports only, not for data.

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
28 Posts
03-04 don't have either
05-06 have aux input only when equipped with rear seat entertainment. No USB.
07-09 all have aux input. No USB.
10-12 all have aux input and proprietary cable for iPod/iPhone input. These also have USB but I believe music can only be played from a USB flash drive.

I have an iPhone and tend to use the aux input in my 2012 over the iPod input. The USB input does not work for playing music from my phone, and also charges very slowly. Not sure if music playback would work for an android through the USB.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
13 Posts
I have a 2012 Lux

I got Bluetooth audio connecting a CoolStream CarPro BT interface to the car Ipod connector (inside central console).
I can browse and play music from my BT connected Iphone.

The car has an USB connector (next to the Ipod connector), I connected a PNY 64GB USB3.0 pendrive full of mp3
files and I can listen and browse files and directories alphabetically sorted.

The car has an aux input in the back; I never used it.

Best,
Pat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts