21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
9 Posts
Col said:
p38arover said:
I'd like to know to where Roverville connect the 3.5mm aux jack
If I get the time in the near future I will pull my Head Unit an flip the top off and see if I can take a picture of where the jack plugs connected to, as I had one fitted to mine by Clarion Service Center in the U.K. They did connect it to the radio side of the unit as opposed to the CD or Tape Player, I don't know if there was a specific reason why as I never asked.

Cheers
I would like to see how it was done too. :)

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out where to install the Ipod / Aux cable?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,421 Posts
:
I ordered this aftermarket radio fitting kit for the P38A from Nexxia yesterday - see http://www.nexxia.co.uk/products.asp?ca ... ar%20Audio

Anyone who has looked at fitting another radio in an early P38A (fitted with a Clarion radio) knows of the hassles. This looks to be a way around it albeit not a cheap way. Unfortunately, the steering wheel controls will no longer work but the new radio has a remote....

This option is for the Clarion as, apparently, the P38A with the Alpine radio (post-1999) doesn't need any kit. See http://www.nexxia.co.uk/products.asp?ca ... ar%20Audio

I'll let you know how it goes.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Alright so this is what I did. When I got the P38 a few years ago the OEM radio did not work so
I pulled it and the CD player out. The CD player went to Carl not sure where the radio ended up!
I installed a 500 dollar JVC it's a good radio it has blue tooth and an IPOD hook up. The Ipod Hook
up never worked and it just looked like crap!

So then the red rangi shows up, the radio and CD changer had just been rebuilt by Roverville, and
works great! So I installed them in my car yesterday and they sound fantastic!
I also now have radio controls on the steering wheel! :dance:
I can get around the blue tooth easy enough but I would really like to have a port to plug
the I Phone into!

Back to steering wheel controls for a moment, my car is a 96 and the steering wheel controls are
quite different then whats in the owners manual. I have an owners manual for a 96, 97 and 99
they all show the same controls but different from mine.

Radio
Right side buttons

Lower = mute
Upper = scan

right side buttons

Top = Radio presets forward
middle = radio presets back
Lower = F1, F2, AM

C.D. Changer

Right side

Lower = Mute
Upper = next song

Left side

Top = next song
Middle = restart song from beginning
Lower = Next CD

So anyone else have these controls? I prefer these controls over the book controls.
I have replaced my steering wheel with a 2000 model because it was the wood wheel..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts