RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
You can keep the CD changer function and have an iPod connection. Clarion Service and I guess Roverville? will add a connection for the head unit. When the radio function is selected, connecting up an iPod automatically switches itself to play from the mp3 player. Clarion connect a half meter jack lead to the back of the head unit, so it is possible to run the cable all the way back to the centre console (via the transmission tunnel plastic) so you can keep the iPod hidden.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I know about roverville but I dont trust the postal service with my HU you dont have a wiring diagram do you?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the schematics, just need someone clued up enough to tell me how to wire it up. When you wire it via the radio you wont be able to change songs via the steering wheels controlls if you removed the changer you would be able to

·
Registered
344 Posts
Jeremy,

If you get it worked out, double your order and I'll pay for one, I dont use my cd changer and am tired of the fm transmitter deal to broadcast my ipod songs. a chance to wire up the ipod in place of the CD changer would be great. I also know of another couple guys that'd be interested, so keep me posted via PM on your progress.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
I use a mp3 ciggy lighter transmitter thingy, means you can have all the music you like on a usb mem stick plugged into mp3 player and tuned into radio, quality is tops and Im a fussy git

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... N%26um%3D1

buggered if I know how to make this link shorter

·
Registered
344 Posts
viperover said:
I use a mp3 ciggy lighter transmitter thingy, means you can have all the music you like on a usb mem stick plugged into mp3 player and tuned into radio, quality is tops and Im a fussy git

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... N%26um%3D1

buggered if I know how to make this link shorter
that's the solution i have, and truthfully it's average at best. when you travel you constantly have to scan channels, the one you're on can get staticky from time to time, and the sound quality isnt the best.

JeremyD said:
Been doing a little research and came accross this

http://forums.ilounge.com/archive/index ... 44404.html

Seems to easy!
Jeremy, I read that post, but many of the people said that pin-out wasnt working. Any chance you're still looking for a solution? I'm still interested and I'm sure you can get many people on here to chip in to get one of them if you're willing to put the time in.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This project has taken somewhat of a backseat havent had much time to play! I dont think its that complicated the other problem I have is that I am in the middle on no were and dont have a spare radio lying around but, hopefully by this weekend I will have a chance to open it up and take a look into the radio and play a bit

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That was my original ideal one might have to chnge some of the wiring in the cable but then, you should be able to controll it like a normall cd changer and the steering wheel controlls should still work another option is to re wire the tape deck so that your I-pod will play through the tape deck option

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,366 Posts
rogan said:
Maybe something like this??

If the kenwood c-bus is the same as the Clarion c-bus then there's even cheaper
I bought one to try it. The one they sent doesn't match the picture and they were not helpful in supplying the pictured unit. The one they sent doesn't work - for a start the plug doesn't have any wiring to pins 5 and 9 which are often suggested as needing to be connected to allow an AUX input. They also got annoyed with my negative feedback! They expected me to ring to query the problem. I wasn't going to pay for a phone call to the US so I sent an email which they didn't like.

I pulled the Clarion apart and checked - there is no connection from the required pins 5 and 9 on the 13-pin DIN socket to allow it to work.

I'd like to know to where Roverville connect the 3.5mm aux jack.

·
Registered
640 Posts
p38arover said:
I'd like to know to where Roverville connect the 3.5mm aux jack
If I get the time in the near future I will pull my Head Unit an flip the top off and see if I can take a picture of where the jack plugs connected to, as I had one fitted to mine by Clarion Service Center in the U.K. They did connect it to the radio side of the unit as opposed to the CD or Tape Player, I don't know if there was a specific reason why as I never asked.

Cheers

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i would also love to know were they connect it, it wuld be great if you could take a photo and share it with us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
G'day All,
Another would like some more details re wiring in an Aux input for P38 pre-99 Clarion head unit with CD-Changer. Does anyone have any photo's or details they could send me??

cheers
Mark

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
i've done this in the boot i.e at the cd changer because of a pc install i had. I used a double pole double throw relay activated by the power supply of the mini itx pc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts