RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to run throught the test for the cruise control on my '95 LWB. Using the RAVE manual, one of the diagram shows this picture (along with a couple more for that particular test). My question is what does the B+ mean? This is the only symbol the RAVE manual doesn't explain. Symbols for wire color, test component, test connector, ground, etc are all explained. I can't find B+ anywhere.

Basically, the picture is shown on the Test D 2D test for the cruise control vacuum pump where the pump itself is being tested. The picture I posted shows a fused jumper wire going to one of the posts on the vacuum pump and the other wire of the fused jumper going to B+.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
Without crackin' the books...
Maybe a tie in to another device (relay, computer, ECU)? :think:

C+ guess at best...

·
Registered
23 Posts
That could very possibly be the Battery positive side.
If you are testing the vacuum pump then you would be supplying power to the pump to see if it works without all the automatic controls.

Brian

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Guys. I appreciate the fast response. I still don't know what the B+ means, but it turns out after following the test procedure in the RAVE Manual, I didn't need to take that route. The test showed that the ECU is the cause of my CC woes. Thanks again.

Colin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts