RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A previous owner removed the cigarette lighter to install a SatNav. I junked the SatNav as I don't need it and have two problems.

1) It won't physically fit in the hole because of two bits that stick out of the side of it. The hole is round - there's no slot for these things go through like a bayonet fit bulb... no idea how to fit it back in. :(
[attachment=1:2nf03yoa]Ciggy Lighter.jpg[/attachment:2nf03yoa]

2) There's a connector with a red and blue wire that doesn't seem to go anywhere. The wiring for the ciggy lighter is two thick wires (one black one green) with a T-shaped plug. I'm guessing this other wire lights up the ashtray or something and has been knocked loose.
[attachment=0:2nf03yoa]Cigarette Lighter Wiring.jpg[/attachment:2nf03yoa]

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK now I get to be of some use... even though I'm answering part of my own question.

1) The cigarette lighter is a tight push fit. Keep it absolutely upright, resist the instinct to tip it away from the bits that stick out and it wriggles in.

2) The spare wire I'm 99% sure is for a lightbulb that goes in a fitting right next to the lighter to illuminate the green collar around it. See here: http://www.rehayden.com/p38.htm

Sadly this bit is now AWOL from my vehicle.

Who's the best person/breaker on here for fiddly little items like this?

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
chasman said:
Who's the best person/breaker on here for fiddly little items like this?
I guess that all depends on what part of the world you are located in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point, well made. I have amended my signature accordingly.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,425 Posts
chasman said:
Good point, well made. I have amended my signature accordingly.
Put your location in your profile.

The globe is a bog standard 1.2 w 12v wedge base globe available from any parts shop in the the civilised world (not the USA, of course). However, it appears you are missing the adapter.

From the main site:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Profile updated.

I actually have really nice little 12v wedge LEDs so I can fit and forget but yes it's the adaptor that's gone missing. I wonder if they're a fairly generic part, I'll have a look around.

PLAN B I've actually bought this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001 ... ss_product

I'm hoping to modify the centre console to include it if it will fit and hard wire it. I really like the 5v USB plug, excellent idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts