Range Rovers Forum banner
2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TCValencia 
#1 ·
I've read ALL of the posts I could find regarding the cigarette lighter issues and fuses, etc....cannot find an answer to the problem I'm having.

I have an 05' RR that seems to blow the fuse the second a new one is introduced to the fuse slot. The 5 AMP fuse in the glove box is fine it's the fuse in the boot that won't hold. When I remove the old one and put in a new one even if the car is OFF it blows the second it makes contact. I've checked for foreign objects stuck or jammed in the lighter itself and all lighters are clean and clear of any objects. I don't have power to any of them. I even tried a 30A fuse to see if it would hold and it too blew.

Any thoughts?

#4 ·
The power outlets at both the front and back of my 2004 center console are always on, including when the key is removed.

Trivia: Going from memory here, but when you add a USA factory trailer hitch wiring harness to the BMW Rovers, you bump up that same under-hatch fuse you referenced to 30 amps as part of the process. I assume that circuit is used to power the trailer lights or brakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.