RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 4.6hse I think there should be light coming out of the cirgaret lighter compartment but there is nothing can some one please help?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
88 Posts
Hi,

You need to remove the gear selector surround which contains the ashtray and you will see there is a small bulb in a holder - yours has obviously blown. To remove the surround you will have to remove the window switch pack - 2 selftappers in the centre armrest, and the gear knob - small grub screw secures this - and then lift up the gear surround to access the bulb holder. There is also a bulb that illuminates the gear position indicator and those often go as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
that's handy to know as mine has gone also.
as we are in the same area of the vehicle, should the switches above ashtray that direct airflow hot/cold to the various vents also be illuminated ?
if so do i keep going in the same direction as for ashtray light to access those ?

................tasi

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,387 Posts
tasi devil said:
that's handy to know as mine has gone also.
as we are in the same area of the vehicle, should the switches above ashtray that direct airflow hot/cold to the various vents also be illuminated ?
if so do i keep going in the same direction as for ashtray light to access those ?

................tasi
Yes - but do you mean the green back lighting or the orange lights to tell you which button is pressed?

If backlighting, I have put instructions up here:

http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/lcdlights.html

·
Registered
71 Posts
thank you for the link Ron, much appreciated :thumb: , it's the green backlighting. so will follow instructions and check/replace.
when it stops raining down here :x and i can work on it outside.

............tasi

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,387 Posts
tasi devil said:
thank you for the link Ron, much appreciated :thumb: , it's the green backlighting. so will follow instructions and check/replace.
when it stops raining down here :x and i can work on it outside.
Rain? What's that.

We had ducted air con fitted today. Fortunately, it's only 34 deg C (93 deg F for those who haven't changed yet) outside so it wasn't too bad for the blokes in the roof doing the work.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I removed the ash tray yesterday and the bulb is blow were can I get a new one because I havent got a clue what type or size it is I also need to be dead certain because I will be ordering the part to a remote town in Namibia. I did check the LCD backlight repair post but the link to the bulb is broken and doesnt look right

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
It sounds from your posts that you would benefit from downloading RAVE. RAVE will contain wiring schematics, pin outs and pictures. Google will point you in the right direction of where to download it.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,387 Posts
JeremyD said:
I removed the ash tray yesterday and the bulb is blow were can I get a new one because I havent got a clue what type or size it is I also need to be dead certain because I will be ordering the part to a remote town in Namibia. I did check the LCD backlight repair post but the link to the bulb is broken and doesnt look right
The link's not broken. I just checked.

The bulb is a bog-standard 12 volt 1.2 watt wedge base bulb used in many European cars.

The bulb looks like this (on left of pic):

Try any Euro car dealer or autoparts supplier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts