Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I am looking at a set of wheels on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-BRAND-NE...ck_Wheel_Packages&hash=item5d373e2b21&vxp=mtr

Everything "looks" good to fit my 08 RRS SC. I am going to figure that these were stormers that were chromed by the seller. Normally I do not like chrome, but my RRS is black with chromed features (door handles, etc)

Anything stand out as being a problem? Are there any issues (as far as mounting the tires, etc), that anyone can think of? These appear legit.

My other choice is a stormer set which is selling for $2200, which is OEM, but have been refinished according to the seller "to factory spec" (no damage other than cosmetic, and the wheels being repainted)

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
186 Posts
Only thing I see is they say they're brand new, then in the description it says they sell wheels in brand new condition. So are they brand new-never been mounted, or are they refinished and in brand new condition? I don't like word play.

· Registered
1,177 Posts
According to the Auction description, they are "OEM" Wheels, so that's good, so they should be Forged and not cast. And yes, they are used wheels that have been chromed. In the 90's, when chrome wheels were trendy, I know for a fact that Jaguar didn't fit chrome wheels at the Factory, I'm willing to bet LR didn't either along with a lot of other Car companies. This was due to warranty and liability issues.

The Dealers would have aftermarket companies swap out wheels using the take-offs as cores to chrome. The Dealers made a lot of money out ofr chrome upgrades.

For wheels, I can highly recommend Calchrome.com, mainly because they are awesome. They have a ton of finishes and options.

· Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any thoughts on brake dust? Does the original finish hold up to brake dust better or how does the chrome fare?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.