RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working 700, or so, miles from home right now and am driving the 160K Classic on the long monthly holiday treks home to family this season. After 13+ hours of traffic, fixed brake warnings, an errant check engine warning, and snow, I arrived at home Thursday around 2am.
Later that morning, after a few hours of sleep, I went out to warm her up for some last minute errands and... nothing. Traced it out to a failed set of contacts in the three year old ignition switch... Thank you Lord for allowing me to make it home! Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
665 Posts
that my friend is a rover worth keeping

I had one a long time ago, same deal took me home through thick and thin, never started next day. Some joker previous owner tied the trailer wiring into the fuel pump feed near the rear axle and the wire broke. Yet worked long enough to get me home

Had a Chevy tracker that lost the alternator 90 kms from home, I drove with using the parking brake to sto me instead of the brake to save the bit of juice the battery had, got me home. The batter was so low, when I had to use the braked the truck would start hickuping. wasnt enough for a click when I got home

I once did a burnout stunt in my ford mustang (ok, high rpm launch) where it blew the rear ring and pinion apart along with the carrier bearing housing. instank knocking. dropped my frieds off on the way home, about 2kms from the shop non of the gears engaged any more but still cought in reverse, I backed up the next 2 ks to our shop and it quit half in the driveway, didnt have any gears left to pull herself up the last incline

·
Registered
794 Posts
Glad you made it home! Took my brother 3 days from Memphis to his family in Virginia last week due to weather. Must be frustration for an F-18 pilot! Merry Christmas to all!

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Best of all, I spent some of the down time between gifts and the meal today and snuk off to make repairs. Tore apart (carefully disassembled) the switch and found the problem. A notched plastic guide was causing the contact plate to hang. A little filing and clean up and ta-da... I got my ride back to work on Sunday. :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts