RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced chirping sound that sounds like crickets inside their dashboard? It’s sounds like it’s coming from the center towards the passenger side. Gets worse while taking a turn or braking but during acceleration it disappears. It’s also intermittent. Does it have something to do with a heater core?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
20 Posts
I have the same issue. Only when braking. I dont know what it is because i have other issues going on but I know its not the heater core. I just replaced mine. Best guess is it might be something to do with the fan system. I'll definitely be following.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that’s a relief ;) Blower sits underneath the glove box, I just had it removed last week and everything seemed to be fine unless I’m wrong, but the noise seems to be coming from higher up. Im not sure if its likely for the sound to travel through the air vents. It’s as it acts as a fluid when it comes to driving when you take a turn or brake buts it’s definitely not water by any means.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No I definitely know what you mean. For myself its always when i have the air on a lower speed, if you turn it up it goes away. I'll let you know if i find out any more info.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I think most definitely is the blower and the sound just travels through the vents.. I will get a new one and post an update if that will fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Fan mounts need lube!!!!! Pull rug, go in from below, 3 screws, 2 wires, drop that puppy and lube those little rubber bumpers, use something that will last. Put it back, put wires back, put screws back, return carpet, start fan. quiet, peaceful quiet, and should be good for another decade.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Yes, single greatest fix ever, according to wife. Couldn't believe how quiet our 2008 really was!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts