RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting to see someone [else] with 39 mpg [ref '21.2 MPG....!!' thread]. I have done three recent fairly long trips round the UK each iro 800miles. Using the ships computer I have averaged 36+ mpg on the first which involved half the journey in Wales, 37+ on the second which was pretty much all motorway, and yup, exactly 39mpg on the last trip tail end of last week again 90% motorway.

On the last trip I noticed a soft front tyre so pumped both up to 36psi b4 I set off, I also use cruise control as much as possible, set for 73mph which concurrs nicely with the GPS speed reading and seems to be the sweet spot for my truck. There is a long stretch of 50mph roadworks on the M1, which to be fair does bump up the MPG a bit, and the last two trips went through these. My driving style is quite passive it needs to be said!

This is on my DSE which is chiped with a 'Twisted performance' plug in chip, and running on 100% veg oil. via a one tank system.

Who else is doing chips and veg??

Gordon

Ps. found I needed to change my fuel filter today..... perhaps that contributed to the 39mpg result!!

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
I suspect mine was chipped.

I also ran on 50/50 dino/soya bean back when diesel was £1.20 at the pumps. The price drop and the occasional blinking check engine light on the overrun led me back to dino diesel.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasnt sure if my chip was doing very much so on one trip to Helensburgh i disconnected it...... needless to say I hastily reconnected it on reaching Helensburgh as both performance and fuel consumption was reduced considerably, iro 28mpg on that trip. though I cant admit to what fuel was in it!!!

Running veg oil isnt all sweetness and roses it must be said, I have had numerous issues with it but I am still ahead on the deal £££ so far I think. If I was to do it again I would go straight for an Elsbett one tank system and be done with it - considering just that for my Heep cherrytree in fact.

Gordon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts