RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Are you running petrol or diesel?
If petrol then the best chips seem to be these: http://www.rangerovers.net/rrupgrades/e ... index.html
Mark sells them on ebay and they aren´t exactly cheap at about US$1160 (current exchange rate) but they do appear to be the best.
I am considering getting a set - just waiting for the pennies to accumulate enough . . . .

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,424 Posts
DoubleRon2Deuces said:
doesn anybody know where i can get a chip from? specifically for fuel efficiency and power
Do you want fuel efficiency or power?

In the US, it would have to be power as fuel is so cheap in the US to be not even worth worrying about. Last year, with 3 weeks of running around the Pacific NorthWest with rrtoadhall (thanks Carl - can we doi it again? :thumb: ), I was amazed at just how little I spent on fuel with all the miles we did - and we did a lot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just regular gas 93......i dunno where u went p38arover ...but gas aint cheap here especially since were spilling about 500000 gallons of oil a day into the gulf $3.06US a gallon getting 13mpg :naughty:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,424 Posts
DoubleRon2Deuces said:
just regular gas 93......i dunno where u went p38arover ...but gas aint cheap here especially since were spilling about 500000 gallons of oil a day into the gulf $3.06US a gallon getting 13mpg :naughty:
Using today's exchange rates:

USD 3.06/US gal = USD 0.85/litre = CAD 0.88/litre/ AUD 0.96/litre = Euro 0.69/litre = GBP 0.58/litre

Like, I said - cheap.

The graph below is probably still close even though it's over 6 months old (Sept 2009).

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
DoubleRon2Deuces said:
i dont care what the exchanges rates are $3.06 isnt cheap buddy considering gas used to be 2 dollars cheaper a year ago

Really? :think: Ron, didn't we run about 4K miles last year at around $3.25 in Washington and $3.75 in the Bay area? I have no idea where $1.06 gas was last year, but it sure as heck wasn't anywhere that has electric pumps or indoor plumbing. No matter, gas here in the States is dirt cheap by comparison.

On a side note, you are welcome to come chow down on BBQ and travel with me any time! :thumb:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,424 Posts
DoubleRon2Deuces said:
i dont care what the exchanges rates are $3.06 isnt cheap buddy considering gas used to be 2 dollars cheaper a year ago
It was $1.06/gal a year ago?

Wow! That was cheap.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,424 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
DoubleRon2Deuces said:

Really? :think: Ron, didn't we run about 4K miles last year at around $3.25 in Washington and $3.75 in the Bay area? I have no idea where $1.06 gas was last year, but it sure as heck wasn't anywhere that has electric pumps or indoor plumbing. No matter, gas here in the States is dirt cheap by comparison.

On a side note, you are welcome to come chow down on BBQ and travel with me any time! :thumb:

Yeah, about that. Actually, I might have the figures on my PDA.

Re BBQ, be careful. I may come over for the RRNET gathering. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
At $1160 they'd better work some magic for fuel efficiency. I paid $3.15 a gallon today -- so that $1160 would buy 368 gallons of fuel!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
31 Posts
I opened up the exhaust a bit and gained some good gas mileage. Put a glasspak in to replace the worn center resonator. Left the rear resonators in place. I'm getting 15.8 mpg on the highway (14.2 before) and around 13.8 to 14.8 in city driving. I'm figuring if I replace the full exhaust (get rid of the t-junction with a y-junction to the rear resonators and put in high flow rear resonators or remove them completely) my gas figures should get into the 17's on the highway. The best part of the building the exhaust is that it pays for itself in just over 2 years with the fuel savings (if you put $1k into it)

This is what happened when I completely opened up my RRC's exhaust to true dual. I was pulling in 17 mpg on highway with mudding tires and non-aerodynamic ARB bumpers and 2" lift.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check out British parts of Utah's website on the main page. They've got a link that'll put you on the path that you're looking for.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts