RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Had a 2000 Chev Tahoe couple years back, with a 5.7/350 Vortec motor. Bought a 'generic' performance chip for it, and never got around to installing the chip.
Question: Is there any reason I can't use this chip and install it in the 4.2L V8 in the Rangie ? Essentially a copy of the Buick motor. Doesn't the chip simply make any engine
use it's ECM/ECU setup to make the engine use the most efficient settings for the engine, rather than the manufactuars specs(conservative, leaning rich). Or are the chips really
designed for a specific engine?
Any harm in trying?:? or:naughty:.
Thanks
Blewbyu
Beaux Arts, Wa

Una to locate ANY 'CHIP' info in Search area. My bad, not computer savvy, and don't know language in 'SEARCH'. Can't find by using simply 'CHIP'.

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
Unless the Chevy was fitted with Lucas 14CUX fuel management, which I very much doubt, it probably won't even fit. Search for Tornado Chip or Mark Adams and then you will find details on ones for the Classic, not cheap though.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Those "generic" chip boxes are usually nothing more than a resistor to change the MAF value so that the ECU pumps more gas to give "more power". Keep in mind that your fuel economy takes a dive as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts