RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, crew. I'm having kind of a panic moment. I ordered up a 2014 Sport Supercharged in Firenze Red. It's almost here. I want a brighter red, not a maroon. I didn't choose Chili Red because it looked orange-ish, but am hoping that it's not a brighter "red" red overall like other brighter red cars you see on the road.

Has anyone seen the difference between the two? Did I screw up? I'm stuck with the one that was ordered, but am going to kick myself after waiting for this for 6 months, then blowing the color. Thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think I saw the Chili Red sport at the dealer and I did not like it. It looked orange. I think you were right to go with the firenze red.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is my Firenze Red which I collected on Thursday. I've seen a couple of Chile Red cars and it is a metallic orange as opposed to red. Apologies that my pictures aren't the best but I'll get around to taking better ones at some point. Firenze looks great in bright sunlight.

Sport 002.JPG Sport 003.jpg

·
Banned
305 Posts
if possible could you email me more pics of your car, esp in high res? it looks fantastic. might change ours to Firenze from Barolo and would like to see the interior too- it looks like it's ivory. [email protected]
Here is my Firenze Red which I collected on Thursday. I've seen a couple of Chile Red cars and it is a metallic orange as opposed to red. Apologies that my pictures aren't the best but I'll get around to taking better ones at some point. Firenze looks great in bright sunlight.

View attachment 34969 View attachment 34977

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot, you guys! I totally appreciate it. Saying that you've seen a Chili Red one look orange makes me feel much better. Thanks for the pics as well. Hopefully it will help other forum-mates as well. Your car looks beautiful!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I understand the "agony" of ordering a color you haven't seen in person. That is the risk we take ordering cars before they are in dealerships or on the road. I had the same issue and ordered Chile on my ATB. It isn't a color for everyone but I personally like it. It too looks amazing in the sun. It is definitely a bit orange depending on lighting. I've seen the Firenze on the 2013 and I would be happy with that color as well. Going with Firenze you do save some money too. I don't think either color has any maroon tendencies. Color is so subjective and everyone has their favorites. The red posted above look amazing to me! When is your expected delivery? What color interior?

·
Banned
305 Posts
would love to see your chile. please post pics. I am thinking of doing a last minute change to it.
I understand the "agony" of ordering a color you haven't seen in person. That is the risk we take ordering cars before they are in dealerships or on the road. I had the same issue and ordered Chile on my ATB. It isn't a color for everyone but I personally like it. It too looks amazing in the sun. It is definitely a bit orange depending on lighting. I've seen the Firenze on the 2013 and I would be happy with that color as well. Going with Firenze you do save some money too. I don't think either color has any maroon tendencies. Color is so subjective and everyone has their favorites. The red posted above look amazing to me! When is your expected delivery? What color interior?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I test drove a Chile Red HSE and it is definitely more orange than red. It is that typical orange color you see lately from many of the manufacturers. It's really more of a burnt orange, almost rust-red.

I must say your RRS looks stunning in Firenze Red. It looks quite "candy-apple" red to me.

I also like the combination of the black trim of the AB with the black roof and skid plates, then there's just a bit of silver here and there to break it up and add some brightness.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
IMG_1835.jpg IMG_1836.jpg IMG_1837.jpg IMG_1838.jpg IMG_1840.jpg IMG_1841.jpg

Forgive my lack of picture downloading ability.... Here are pics of our Chile ATB. Definitely a bit orange in bright sun. Turns more "tomato soup" color in the dark which doesn't sound appealing but I do like it. To my eyes it is more red in it than copper-orange. Jim

·
Banned
305 Posts
that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! I love it. it is like a slightly less red rimini but with the spectral color additive. I have experience with many audi colors that are similar and pics can't do justice to those colors. congrats. and thanks for posting :)
View attachment 35329 View attachment 35337 View attachment 35345 View attachment 35353 View attachment 35361 View attachment 35369

Forgive my lack of picture downloading ability.... Here are pics of our Chile ATB. Definitely a bit orange in bright sun. Turns more "tomato soup" color in the dark which doesn't sound appealing but I do like it. To my eyes it is more red in it than copper-orange. Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you send me high resolution pics of your RR I'm contemplating of getting this color with Ivory interior. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
These are awesome - was considering Firenze Red and these pics may have just sold me. Putting order in tomorrow. Got any pics from the rear of vehicle?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts