RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I just traded a 1965 Volvo 122s for a 1989 Range Rover. This is my first Range Rover and with the car being "gently" used there are several problems that need to be adressed. First and foremost, the two rear doors will not open. The previous owner said that there is a child door lock mechanism in place and that he can't remember how to disengage the door lock. Is this bullshit? I am not familiar with Range Rovers so anyone with information in this regard please give suggestions as how to open the back doors.
Second,
The car will not idle. The car starts everytime but you must hold your foot on the gas or the car will die. The previous owner said that it is a sensor located underneath the hood of the car. He pointed to a sensor with the numbers
Lucas 73305 A 255 A and its a black sensor going into a steel mount that eventually connects to what looks like the mass air flow sensor. This mount has a piece of tubing going into the top of it and the sensor that supposedly needs to be replaced plugs into the front. The sensor is black and has several wires attached to it. Does anyone know what this sensor is called? Is this the right thing to replace if there is no idle?

Any advice is helpful.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Child proof door locks only keep kids from opening the doors from the inside. The doors woudl still open from the outside if the child safety was engaged. Then again, did Rangies even have this back that far? :think: If so it is a simple recessed lever on the edge of the door which can be flipped when open. In any case, you have to be able to open the door to get to it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
rear door latches fail due to rust sometimes. door panel needs to be removed and doors can be opened from inside, sometimes pb blaster works, or latches need replaced.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,421 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
Then again, did Rangies even have this back that far? :think: If so it is a simple recessed lever on the edge of the door which can be flipped when open.
Yes. My '86 had them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts