RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, our local dealership hosted their annual snake river birds of prey off roading event. I had been looking forward to it for a couple of weeks, but was very concerned my rover would not make it through the event without some sort of catastrophic failure. I waffled on my decision numerous times until I woke up on the morning of the event, and said "lets do it!" Initially, I thought this was going to be some little off road excursion involving minor challenges. It was in fact, quite the opposite. I have to say right now that I am absolutely AMAZED and impressed with the vehicle's durability and, reliability. No other vehicle could ever withstand the punishment a land rover can! Although, mine was in good condition, it was not up to my standards and I was concerned, but it pulled through without even a minor problem. Overall I am VERY impressed and have a new trust in the rover that I did not have before. So I have to say "WHAT AN AMAZING VEHICLE!"

Unfortunately I did not bring my camera :doh: , but I might be able to get some shots taken by the dealer in a couple days.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I absolutely love driving AROUND all the sunken f350's and overblown 2wd Chevys without lockers or TC that get stuck when we go camping. "yea sure I will pull you off the almost flat beach" great truck!
Cheers
Eric

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see a bunch of idiots in their ford/chevy/toyota etc. trucks that think they are invincible during the winter months. 90% of them end up almost hitting other cars while in slick conditions. I found that my rover was very predictable and controllable in any limited traction condition. I can't wait to see how well it does in the snow!

If it means anything, I had to replace the computer in my brothers chevy blazer because I fried with an OBD scanner. Yeah rover becms go out, but an OBD scanner can fry a vehicles ECU!?! Ended up costing $500! BTW, it was a 2002 blazer with 102,000 miles on it. My rover has A LOT more miles on it and is in better shape!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts