RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1999 P38 vogue
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As said I've been noticing the set up of this range rover net getting worse so I'm leaving --- take care one and all --- maybe see UK owners at events when on
Kind regards symes

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
You signed up for the sensible one, so maybe see you there.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
The same as the rest of us are, all the things the owners destroyed when they updated it a year ago. The hundreds of pages of self help articles, a search function that works properly, people that use a forum how it is intended to be used, that is, how to diagnose a problem and how to fix it once it's been identified, people that actually understand and work on their cars not something that tries to be a social media platform.

·
Registered
56 Posts
No need to leave..,the first page 'stickies' are invaluable, and the 'trending' posts always turn up something informative. For me, an infuriating change was removing the ability to download an entire thread page as a .pdf in Firefox for reference...now only the 1st paragraph saves, possibly to keep me clicking on the site. The old how-to's are archived thanks to WaltNYC. See the attached pics...I dont know how to post a link, but google the Drive address and make a screen shortcut to it. Screenshot and file the Index pic.

Archive link, RR.net.jpg
Repair Archive Index.jpg

·
Registered
442 Posts
Not convinced that that google link works - or at least I couldn't click through to the underlined options. Will try later. At any rate - Walt's foresight is not a retention point for rr.net

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
+1, the fact that somebody (more than one person it seems) was able to recover the old information from the original site, doesn't do anything for this site other than emphasise how much better the old site was. For example, you can no longer link directly to an article when someone asks the same question over and over again. The fact that search no longer works properly either means you can't even find older threads that are relevant, or you can but only if you are prepared to wade through hundreds of other threads that bear no resemblance to what you searched for.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
17 Posts
You signed up for the sensible one, so maybe see you there.
would love to know where the sensible one is. DM, maybe, if you don't want to post publicly.

i signed up for this site just before the ownership change and really cannot stand how it operates now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts