RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 2017 RR at the dealer yesterday for a software upgrade to prevent the air suspension from sagging after not driving the vehicle for a week or so. That upgrade went fine, but I also mentioned the "check oil level" function always showing the engine was overfilled. I had looked up the TSB and asked for that to be acted on too. The tech indicated that "fix" was "on hold" and wouldn't be available for 3-4 months.

Has anyone else had this issue and had any success getting it to work?

TIA,

Tony

·
Administrator
27,798 Posts
Have you thought that maybe it IS overfilled? I am going to assume you have already had an oil change. The vacuum extraction method does not remove every last drop. If the tech refilling the oil has his gun set for full capacity it may be over. If the level sensor is touchy it may be showing overfilled even though it is such a small amount it is not an issue.

As far as folks checking their oil... most folks don't care on new cars because they do not expect any leaks or burning. Drive it the year or 15K miles and have it changed. After all there is an idiot light/warning for no oil pressure or low oil level so it's a non issue to many folks.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good question......I only have 3500 miles on the vehicle so no oil change yet. When I took the vehicle in to the dealer, they indicated they verified the oil level is correct and that it was a known software issue.

I guess I'm going to have to break old habits and learn not to check the oil level until LR sorts this out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts