RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked out my low range last night when I decided to climb a pretty steep 25' tall hill near my property. I shifted my 1996 4.0 RR down into low 1st and she walked right up the hill without skipping a beat for spinning a tire. However when I got to the top and went to shift into neutral then reverse the engine stalled and I rolled safely down the hill to restart the engine only to find the truck in limp home mode with the engine light on and a gearbox fault message. I made it home and read about limp mode so I gave the truck 30 minutes and she fired right up in normal mode but the check engine light is still on. I used my programmer and that didn't work, still on. I even tried disconnecting the battery from both terminals and waiting a while to reconnect only to find the check engine light still on...

·
Registered
517 Posts
first thing to do is get the fault codes read that will give you a clue where to start.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AMcK said:
first thing to do is get the fault codes read that will give you a clue where to start.
I'm sorry, I should have written that I pulled no codes up so I figured it was just triggered when she stalled. Running perfectly now except for that **** yellow light on the dash that taunts me "check engine" That's why I was just trying to turn off the light...I don't want to mask any problems but I don't think I have any problems to mask.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts