RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 range Rover HSE supercharged the dealership quoted me $348 to replace my thermostat I thought that that was kind of ridiculous so I purchased the thermostat and the seal and a gallon of pink coolant . How difficult is this to replace or is this something I should let the dealer do. I am very mechanically inclined the only thing that freaks me out about doing it is if the cooling system needs to be burped after replacing the thermostat. Because I own a Infiniti G 35 as well and every time you break the coolant line lose for something it is a pain in the butt to bleed the coolant system. Can someone please send me a how to replace instructions or video or advise me if this is something I should just let the dealer do

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have a 2008 range Rover HSE supercharged the dealership quoted me $348 to replace my thermostat I thought that that was kind of ridiculous so I purchased the thermostat and the seal and a gallon of pink coolant . How difficult is this to replace or is this something I should let the dealer do. I am very mechanically inclined the only thing that freaks me out about doing it is if the cooling system needs to be burped after replacing the thermostat. Because I own a Infiniti G 35 as well and every time you break the coolant line lose for something it is a pain in the butt to bleed the coolant system. Can someone please send me a how to replace instructions or video or advise me if this is something I should just let the dealer do
I did it myself. Wasn't too difficult. There are detailed instructions if you search on YouTube.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts