RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Got another problem that I was hoping for some help with `) . 95 Range Rover 4.0 SE with a check engine light that states that cylinders 5, 6, and a random one are misfiring. So I did some basic things right of the bat like changing all 8 spark plugs and wires. After that, the random misfire went away, however :? , cylinders 5 and 6 were still misfiring. I bought 2 ignition coils and replaced them. Still having the misfire though :evil: . Not really sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
Battled a similar problem for a year or so from 120-130K miles on my 96. Turned out to be sticking valves. The older GEMS engines had exh valves without a carbon break cut in the stem which occasionally led to them sticking as the engine gets higher in mileage. I tried a lot of stuff (plugs, injectors, seafoam, etc.) but finally installed a set of rebuilt heads with the newer style valves. It solved the problem.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
258 Posts
Hi Folks, are there any specific spark plug wires for the rangie, I drive a 1996 4.0, can i make use of any spark plug wire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts