RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys newbie here but everytime i attempt research im directed to this site so figured i may as well give it a shot.

2006 range rover HSE. purchased used with 76,000 miles. 10 months later currently at 80,000 miles so as you can see i dont drive it often.

issues: initially if i didnt let the car warm up for like 10-15 minute and attempted to drive off immediately i would get "limited gears" fault among others and not have full acceleration of the car. That along with slips or jerks shortly after accelerating from a stop. This got progressively worse to point where now check engine light is on and immediately upon starting car im hit with faults and errors and car struggles very much to drive. brought it to mechanic who wasnt a land rover expert but he retrieved about 10 codes for me. some being

p0730
p0731
p0735
p0735
po741
p1783
p0504
p0171
p0441
v0126
v0122
v0100

his analysis was instantly "new transmission", rough estimate 3500-4000 dollars. my question is before i jump the gun are there any other fixes or options i have? thanks guys any information is appreciated

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey what a bummer! Not all of those codes are transmission related. If the car was not well maintained you could be up against a whole lot of problems. For example, just the p0171 error alone could be related to needing a new one, or any combination of the following: air filter, fuel filter, throttle body, spark plugs, PVC system and related hoses.

You shouldn't have trans issues on those miles.. Start with fluid flush, new and new trans filter. Sounds like possible sensor issues but I'm certainly no expert..

What kind of maintenance history do you have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
appreciate the feedback man. actually just changed the throttle body about a week ago because i was revving up in idle so that proboem went away then all of these other problems worsened. i took the car over at 75k and like i said have barely driven it for the last 10 months so i shouldnt be experiencing these issues. i am going to get a second opinion but the only thing that makes me nervous is that, would i be experiencing all these issues just from an electrical or computer issue? that little jerk when i accellerate makes me worry it is actually a mechanical issue

·
Registered
494 Posts
A good tranny shop can rebuild it for $2.5 K not the cost of a new one. You can buy a ZF rebuild kit for this box and give it to the shop to do the work as well. Regrettably what you describe seems like a bad gearbox. The codes for it ake and such could be left over from you recent repair f they were not cleared when the work was done. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
appreciate the feedback man. actually just changed the throttle body about a week ago because i was revving up in idle so that proboem went away then all of these other problems worsened. i took the car over at 75k and like i said have barely driven it for the last 10 months so i shouldnt be experiencing these issues. i am going to get a second opinion but the only thing that makes me nervous is that, would i be experiencing all these issues just from an electrical or computer issue? that little jerk when i accellerate makes me worry it is actually a mechanical issue
What was it? I have most of these same issues.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Has anyone check the fluid level in their transmission? Don't beleive the sealed for life BS, they aren't and if you have any kind of a seal leak either on the output shafts, the cooler lines, the electrical connector or the transmission pan gasket you will eventually lose the ability to move the vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2006 supercharged and am getting limited gears. It won’t shift from 3 to 4 but if I pull over and shut it off it resets and shifts fine for awhile. I’ve changed my battery and checked my brake light bulbs as these can cause shifting errors. If I drive it in sport mode and manually shift it seems to work fine. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a slightly similar issue but got a gearbox fault warning sign, then after that my car wouldn't move as it was running then wouldnt shut off, kept saying car not in park. Anyway I just started a thread on my own stating that the dealership basically said i need a new transmission due to no communication coming out of the TCM/TCCM after trying replacing and reconfiguring the shiftier, still no communication. Anyone following this thread as well feel free to give more advice on this situation. someone suggested that I get a ZF as well. Thanks to all responders! 💯

Here's my thread

1 - 8 of 8 Posts