RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I'm new to forums and was curious if anyone can help.

I have a 2015 Range Rover Sport HSE and a couple days ago my check engine light came on. I have a BlueDriver which read a code P2189 (system too lean at idle bank 2). When I start the car RPMs rev up to about 1800rpms and then drops to about 800rpms after 10 seconds. Idle feels slightly rough nothing you can really notice but it's there.

Here are a couple readings my BlueDriver displays in live mode.

02 Bank 1 Sensor 2
0.5 - 0.7v

02 Bank 1 Sensor 3 (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
1.275v steady

02 Bank 2 Sensor 2 (Bank 3 Sensor 2)
0.3 - 0.7V

02 Bank 2 Sensor 3 (Bank 4 Sensor 1)
1.275v steady

Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2
-8.6 - 7.0%

Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1
40.6 - 44.5%

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
the code simply means you have lean fuel on bank 2. Confirmed by the negative reading on your live feed. Remember that the upstream O2 sensors read the exhaust to tell the ECU to make adjustments. Down stream sensors verify upstream sensors are doing their job.

First thing to try is to swap your upstream sensors side to side and see if the code follows or remains the same. if the code changes to bank 1 then the O2 is most likely faulty. If it stays the same then you may actually have a fueling issue and will need to dig a little deeper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply.. By any chance do you have images or tips on where the upstream o2 sensors are located? I want to try to tackle this issue today.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Follow your exhaust up. You will run into them.

I am confused by your live feed notions of bank 3 and bank 4 and the notations of sensor 3. A V6 normally only has 2 down pipes and 4 sensors. is there something odd going on with additions sensors on the SCV6?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After talking to a LR mechanic they're saying possible causes are

-Air Intake Leaking (Metered Side)
-Fuel Pressure
-Injector

and to first try a smoke test for a leak

1 - 7 of 7 Posts