RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 2011 RRS with 125k miles. The check engine light came on a few months ago. I brought it to my indie repair shop and they ended up replacing the fuel pump, ignition coils, spark plugs and also performed the standard 120k mile service. These items did not fix the issue and the light remained on. They realized that it was a carbon build up from ethanol and they directly ran a fuel cleaner to clean out the carbon. This worked - temporarily. The light came back on a day later and they suggested that I add a bottle of fuel cleaner (Chevron Techrun) when filing up. I did this and the light went out after about 50 miles of driving. Long story short, I've doe this a half dozen times as the light continues to come back on. The light is currently on and I've run a couple bottles of fuel cleaner and went on a couple long drives (4+ hours) to no avail.

Does anybody have any experience with this issue or have any suggestions? Much appreciated.
I've been to the repair shop twice for the same issue. The first time they had my truck for over 2 weeks and I cant go that long without it.
Hoping somebody here has advice.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
2013 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
If you're having recurring check engine light with multiple mis-fire codes you should consider having the injectors tested. I am battling this issue now. Completed diagnostic via SDD which recommended injector replacement. Good luck.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
431 Posts
If it is misfire just on one cylinder , try switching injector with a good cylinder and see if code follows the injector. Could also be a wiring loom issue - inspect wiring for coils and injectors for any obvious damage. (I'm assuming it was not plugs or coils since those were changed)

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
Misfire for me was always ignition coil. I swapped coils and the issue followed the coil. I replaced bad coil and problem fixed. but I see you replaced your coils. As RABarrett says, codes would help.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I will try to get the codes and will also look into having the injectors tested. I'll update the thread as soon as I have more information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts