RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
So i gave the front end 06+ conversion a try on my 04 Range Rover. It turned out great and looks great. But since you have to use the new style head light, i had to fit a K&N open air filter system. It seemed to be ok until my check engine light came on and the codes that are in the computer are:
P0172 system to rich (bank 1)
P0175 system to rich (bank 2)
Does anyone know if this problem is related to the new filter or is it a coincident that and o2 sensor or MAF unit might be faulty. Is this a matter of trying to fit the old air box or replacement of those sensors? what can cause the system to run to rich? to much air from the less restricted K&N filter?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
159 Posts
Did the conversion 3 years ago, also fitted a K&N and have not had any issues with CEL

Although it has had 2 new MAFs of which i blame the k&n for!!

Normally when the MAF goes it's flagged up quite a number of fault codes although i'm told this varies depending on if it's going or gone.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Monty said:
Did the conversion 3 years ago, also fitted a K&N and have not had any issues with CEL

Although it has had 2 new MAFs of which i blame the k&n for!!

Normally when the MAF goes it's flagged up quite a number of fault codes although i'm told this varies depending on if it's going or gone.
Would be nice to see a pic of your Front End?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
560 Posts
Error on both banks would be the MAF sensor. The oil from the K&N filters can sometimes blow onto the think film of the MAF and cause it to read wrong. Would be a good idea to replace the MAF since the film can't be cleaned. Truck looks great BTW

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today an independent shop hooked the car up to a laptop and "reset/reflash" the computer and did some other diagnostic test. Drove back home and no check engine light and it passed smog as well.
Must have been a problem with my battery that i replaced yesterday, causing the computer to mess up.
For now the problem seems to be solved.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
roverboy said:
Error on both banks would be the MAF sensor. The oil from the K&N filters can sometimes blow onto the think film of the MAF and cause it to read wrong. Would be a good idea to replace the MAF since the film can't be cleaned. Truck looks great BTW
How can you even check if you MAF sensor is bad? Isn't there a seperate code that come up?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got a local bodyshop to do the conversion, the only cutting required was on the hidden leading edge of the wings (fenders) as this allows the 06 lights to fit flush.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've never got around to wiring up the self leveling lights so just adjusted them once and have not had to touch them since. Adjustment is by a screw on the back of the headlight.

Only problem i had was the dealer supplied left hand drive headlights!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Monty said:
I've never got around to wiring up the self leveling lights so just adjusted them once and have not had to touch them since. Adjustment is by a screw on the back of the headlight.

i dont see any adjustable screw on the back of the head light. is it inside those screw caps?

thanks,
mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mk8k8 said:
Monty said:

i dont see any adjustable screw on the back of the head light. is it inside those screw caps?

thanks,
mike
Found them, they are so obviously not obvious :lol:

Now just need to change the MAF sensor and see if that takes care of the system rich engine codes

thanks,
Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts