Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover 4.2 Supercharged L322
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, had the Check Brake Fluid message come up, went to Midas and they topped it up and 2 days later, message comes back, what could the cause be? They didn't say anything about a possible leak.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reservoir is at the minimum level, and the brake pedal goes further down than normal, and the brakes actually make a scraping noise and when braking, the Rover actually inches forward, almost like they're slipping, and great, Midas doesn't know what the problem is ugh

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
120 Posts
There is a leak in the brake line somewhere if fluid is going missing. Go somewhere else besides Midas to have it checked out--a local indy shop with RR experience is a good idea and I'd avoid driving the car until you figure out the issue.

I had an issue with my FJ62 Land Cruiser that was losing fluid and the master cylinder had a bad seal and it was slowly but surely leaking fluid constantly. What mileage?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The reservoir is at the minimum level, and the brake pedal goes further down than normal, and the brakes actually make a scraping noise and when braking, the Rover actually inches forward, almost like they're slipping, and great, Midas doesn't know what the problem is ugh
Lack of power assist due to leak or degrading hoses. I have heard that old hoses can expand ever so slightly, dropping fluid levels as well as braking power itself. If that’s the case get them changed out. Next step is catastrophic and you don’t want that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Park the car, put cardboard underneath it, make sure all the panels underneath are removed, and with the engine running but the transmission in park, pump the brakes a few times. If there is a leak you should see some brake fluid on the cardboard in the area of the leak.

·
Registered
2013 L538 Range Rover Evoque, 2005 L319 Land Rover LR3, 2006 L322 Range Rover HSE (Sold),
65 Posts
If you say that the brakes are actually making scraping noises, that means that the pads are worn all the way to metal and is already damaging the rotors. When your pads are all the way down, brake fluid levels will definitely go down because it will need extra volume to push the pads against the rotors every time you step on the brakes. Find a LR Indy shop and stay away from these franchised brake repair places. If your description of scrapping proves to be true, you are due for a complete brake replacement job which will include pads, rotors and pins assuming your calipers were not damaged.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The brakes are brand new, but found out what's wrong, took it to a RR mechanic shop ironically named Rover Automotive, and they found the brake lines that run under the driver's side under that trim; are rusted bad and that's where the leak is coming from, just gotta wait a week til they get them. We know why there was noise, as the pads, rotors and rear calipers were all replaced so all good there.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The brakes are brand new, but found out what's wrong, took it to a RR mechanic shop ironically named Rover Automotive, and they found the brake lines that run under the driver's side under that trim; are rusted bad and that's where the leak is coming from, just gotta wait a week til they get them. We know why there was noise, as the pads, rotors and rear calipers were all replaced so all good there.
Price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts